This page identifies some key tax and financial issues arising for non-residents contemplating investment in the UK property rental market.
Firm of chartered accountants and tax advisers have considerable experience advising overseas nationals on the tax and financial aspects of acquiring UK domestic and commercial property whether as an investment or for owner-occupation.
You can always arrange an initial meeting, note that at this point you have no obligation to select their service, to explore the various practical ways in which we can assist persons investing in the UK.
Some of the ways in which they can assist you:
- Evaluating the most appropriate method of finance and in effecting introductions to lenders
- Advising on appropriate structures to avoid or minimise UK income tax, stamp duty land tax, VAT and inheritance tax
- Introducing appropriate UK advisers including legal advisers and letting management agents
- Establishing non-resident status with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- Arranging for income to be received gross
- Identifying and maximising tax deductible expenditures and capital allowances
- Submitting rental income returns to the HMRC and advising taxation payments due